The holidays are rapidly approaching and I am fumbling for gifts for friends, especially my male friends. Blaise and I have conspired to exchange gifts this year, and I have made a list of the ten things I *might* get him if he is a good boy and all that. (Blaise has a corresponding list for me!) The big question is: What do you get the guy who has everything? (Please note that SLURLS are embedded in the write up for this entry.)
1. First thing I would run to get Blaise is a pair of shoes from HOC Industries. At 50L, these will fit the bill for any man on your list who complains that he can not get past the gray shiny system shoes. Even Blaise would wear these. Find them at HOC Industries, click “Buy as gift” and follow instructions. Please note this delivers immediately.
2. Once he wears the shoes, Blaise really needs a great suit to wear. Ansor Hoorenbeek realized that lots of men don’t want to be bothered with mixing and matching and would rather have an entire outfit they can just drop on themselves, so a visit to Hoorenbeek is in order. Click “buy as gift” and follow instructions. This will deliver immediately.
3. Sometimes I don’t want an instant delivery, however. I want to put something in a box under the tree—a box only Blaise can open. The number of creators still making giftable, no copy items has decreased. The Twisted Krissmus event has creators offering items 100L that are no copy and transfer, so I may find something for him there. I will also go to SF Designs, pick out a few great men’s things made by Swaffette Firefly, and put them in a box with a script from Artizan Solutions (made by Zanara Zenovka) that allows the box to be only opened by the person I specify—Blaise. This way we can open gifts together and he can give instant reaction to my excellent choices.
4. Another thing I may pack into a box for Blaise is a gift card from Redgrave (found in the skin section), who offers a variety of men’s skins, including their newest, this delicious Tyler skin. It’s about time Blaise updates. (/me ducks)
5. Of course if I am feeling really extravagant, I may just go to Marketplace and get Blaise the Vita Modern Luxury Home that I reviewed a couple weeks ago. Or I could get him a pair of eyes, fuzzy slippers, a dirigible, or even a sim. Almost everything I can think of is available on Marketplace, if you can bear the chance it may not deliver or that it will deliver instantly.
6. Blaise and I share a special relationship—we both like music. I have often heard a song and thought of him, so I go directly to iTunes and buy him the song, sending it directly to him via email. (Like, “Sexy and I Know It.”) The benefit is I don’t need to know his RL name, his iTunes email, his address or phone number. The downside is that I can only deliver if he lives in the US. (If you choose to send a song to a friend, make sure it can be delivered. Due to intellectual property right differences among countries, songs and other IP can not always get delivered.) I chose to send him my new favorite song, “Thrift Shop” by Macklemore & Ryan Lewis, featuring Wanz. (“This is fucking awesome!”)
7. We also enjoy reading, the two of us. If he has a Kindle app on his computer, iPad, Kindle or Android, he can read this book, which I have so thoughtfully sent to him via “Amazon Whispernet.” He will receive a link in the email I sent it to with no need for me to know his name, religion or weight.
8. Blaise has a Cheesecake Factory around the corner from him–I was checked online. I can get Blaise a Gift Card to the Cheesecake Factory that will email directly to him—again without me knowing his RL name, his phone number, cholesterol level, or address, and I can specify when it will deliver. Lots of national chains offer this service—Google the restaurant online and see.
9. Blaise is a nice man. I think we all know that. And he’s a guy who has a lot already. Sometimes Blaise would prefer that giving is given to others. That is why I am making a generous donation to the Hunger Task Force this year in his name. Yep, BlaiseJoshua will be helping feed hungry families just by being the great guy he is. A quick review of websites that accept charitable donations shows me that many will allow me to drop dime on them in his name.
10. Finally, the best gift I can think of is most personal and DOES require I know his phone number. Tajtunes.com will call Blaise and personally sing a song to him over the phone to remind him how special he is to me and they will send an email of the recording of the song to him and me for later amusement. I chose “Jingle Those Bells” because I know Blaise loves nothing more than a little Christmas cheer, sung with a slight Indian accent to add a little spice to his life.
Finally, let me say, all these methods have been tried and tested by myself or various friends, including the Tajtunes. Shop securely knowing that these gifts and more have been given in the past.
Happy Holidays, Blaise!
My shopping outfit:
Hair: ::Exile:: A Winter’s Tale:Midnight by Kavar Cleanslate for ::Exile:: *
Eyes: FASHISM ‘Sunrise’ Eyes – Steel Blue (ML) by Ikon Innovia for IKON *
Jeans: Maitreya Skinny Jeans (no prims version) – #06 by Onyx LeShelle for Maitreya
Boots: Tribe Mesh Mamut Boots by Driftwood Miles for Tribe Wear *
Trompe Loeil – Funky Christmas Tree Gold & Silver v2 and Trompe Loeil – Holiday 2012 giftboxes by Cory Edo for Trompe Loeil *
Pose by Rogan Diesel for Diesel Works Animations