I put on my rouge and wash my hands in front of the whole world! ~ Marie Antoinette
Genre opened earlier this month and the theme was Baroque, so of course, everyone threw their efforts at gilded furniture and voluminous dresses with an eye towards the court of Marie Antoinette. I gathered quite a few things from the event and crowded them into this blog because, as you know, excess was never a concern in the court of Madame Deficit.
First my beautifully rendered dress from Dreamfantasia Nightfire, who is a singular repository of beautiful texture and historical sartorialism in SL. Remember when we constructed all sorts of fussy prim pieces for these shapes and now mesh can do it? I have accented the dress with a brooch from Tiffy Vella and pretty little shoes from Arora Zanzibar.
My furnishings are all from Genre, including the pictures, vase and chair from Charles Lacrima and the lovely desk, which also includes other chairs and a table from Discovering Destiny. (I can imagine these pieces could be removed from a Baroque RP setting and might do as antiques in an eclectic household.) My mirror from Connie Stratten actually includes six poses for photography and if you’re really handy with PS (and have the patience), you could do your reflection. (I clearly have neither the skills or patience.) My poses are from Genre as well, a set from Nancoix Urquan called Sarabande, which have a lovely drama to them.
My sky-high hair from Plurabelle Laszlo comes in several tints (though Marie herself had a light blonde hair) and includes the lovely dark roses you see but I added Kerryth Tarantal’s hair piece as well (because, you know, extravagance). My skin is one that LumiyaRae made specially for this round with the darling little heart-shaped beauty marks and blush Marie Antoinette was famous for.
Finally my darling Ladies in Waiting are actually also wearable animated rats (!) that are adorably dressed in baroque costume. You get one to display and one to wear and if you are one of those who likes collecting darling animals in SL, these are custom made for you.
Eyes: #adored – dream eyes – velik by Constance Daehlie for #adored
Brooch: Eclectica ‘Blenheim’ Baroque Brooch by Tiffy Vella for Eclectica, available for Genre *
Hands: Slink Avatar Enhancement Hands – Casual by Siddean Munro for Slink
Feet: Slink Female Feet (AvEnhance) – Mid by Siddean Munro for Slink
Ladies in Waiting:
- [UN] Ratcoco – Alouette – Display by Jalynne Ohmai for Unrepentant, available for Genre *
- [UN] Ratcoco – Amelie Display by Jalynne Ohmai for Unrepentant, available for Genre *
- [UN] Ratcoco – Yvette – Display by Jalynne Ohmai for Unrepentant, available for Genre *
- [UN] Ratcoco – Marie – Display by Jalynne Ohmai for Unrepentant, available for Genre *
- Vase de Porcelaine Russe by Charles Lacrima for Grotti, available for Genre
- Fauteuil Louis XVI et motifs Versaillais by Charles Lacrima for Grotti, available for Genre
- Set de tableaux Italiens – II by Charles Lacrima for Grotti, available for Genre
- Set de tableaux Italiens – III by Charles Lacrima for Grotti, available for Genre